Wednesday September 20, 2017

Sd.Kfz.234/3 - 3.Pz.Div.1945

Item number: 88015

Status: Available

Scale: 1/72

About the model:
* true to scale model made from plastic for highest detail and metal parts
* fully assembled
* markings pad printed for ultimate realistic effect
* historically accurate painted and marked
* including protective case for display
* package comes with open window display
* limited production!

 

The Sd.Kfz.234 is the successor of the eight wheeled armored cars Sd.Kfz.231 which were developed in the 30's. These new armored cars had a new design and a powerful engine. All axles are driven and steerable. The most advantage was the feature of two drivers - one for normal driving and one for backward driving. So they could drive back within seconds without turning, which was an important feature for a recon vehicle that the 234 initially was supposed to be. The weight of slightly below 12 tons and the 220hp engine allowed a top speed of around 90km/h!
The Sd.Kfz.234/3 was armed with the 7,5cm K51 L/24 Stummelkanone alongside with a MG42 as AA defense. There were 50 rounds of ammo for the main gun plus 1950 rounds for the MG. From June 1944 to December 1944 around 90 of these vehicles were produced. They were mainly issued to Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilungen of eight Panzer-Divisions.

The 1.Panzerdivision was raised in October 1935 in Weimar. It saw it's first combat in Spetember 1939 in Poland. After the fall of Poland it was transported to the western border and invaded then Luxemburg and France in May 1940.
In September 1940 the Division was transported to East-Prussia and was part of the invasion of russia where it headed direction Moscow in 1941. Early 1942 it was transferred from Heeresgruppe-Nord to Heeresgruppe-Mitte and fought at Welish and Rshew until it was transported to France by end of December 1942 where it satyend until May 1943 when it was transported back in combat in Greece and lateron in October transferred to the Ukraine. It stayed at the Eastern Front until the end of the war and fought at Shitomir, Brody, Hungary and pulled back to Austria where it surrendered to US troops in May 1945.


Click on images to enlarge